Sponsored by: Lighthouse Writers Workshop!
Show some love! Take part in the 2014 Denver County Fair Poetry Contest.
This year’s theme is: I <3 Denver (I Heart Denver).
Warning: Last items in stock!
We’re looking for classic love, erotic love, funny love, break-up love, landscape love, good love gone wrong . . . Well, you get the idea. Let your love shine!
Poetry submissions may be of any length and any style. Contest is open to Colorado residents. Poems must be previously unpublished and have not received awards in other competitions. One poem per entry fee. Multiple submissions welcome. Submissions are judged by a panel of literary professionals. All judging is blind.
Two Categories: Adult (ages 18 and over); Youth (ages 10 - 17)
Prizes! We’ve got great partners — Lighthouse Writers & Tattered Cover Book Store — kicking in fantastic prizes:
• First Place: Blue Ribbon + Lighthouse Writers Workshop Gift Certificate + Tattered Cover Gift Token + $20 + featured in Poetry Performance
• Second Place: Red Ribbon + Tattered Cover Gift Token + featured in Poetry Performance
• Third Place: White Ribbon + Tattered Cover Gift Token + featured in Poetry Performance
Finalists: featured in Poetry Performance
How to Enter:
- Register online here.
- Submit a copy of your poem by July 15 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your name, address, telephone number and category (Adult or Youth).
- Attach the poem in a Word Document or paste in the body of your email.
Winning poems will be on display at the Denver County Fair, August 1 - 3, 2014, and winners and finalists are invited to read their poems at the Denver County Fair Poetry Performance on Sunday, August 3, 2014 at noon.
Poem Entry Deadline: July 15, 2014
Finalists Announced: July 29, 2014 by email
Winners Announced: Friday, August 1st, 2014 at the Denver County Fair
Winning Poems Displayed at the Denver County Fair, August 1 -3, 2014
Winners & Finalists Poetry Performance: Sunday, August 3, 2014, at noon.
For more info: Drew Myron, Director of Poetry - email@example.com
* required fields